Backup Current Z-Wave Network (Only if upgrading from another Z-Wave interface)
- In the web interface, open the PLUG-INS drop menu, then Z-Wave, then select Controller Management. Expand the listing for your existing interface, then select Back Up this interface from the Action menu.
- Rename the backup file (if desired) and click the START button. The operation should only take a few seconds and the word "Done" will appear when complete. Note the name of this file for later.
- Navigate to Controller Management and disable the interface by clicking the green check mark to the right of the interface name. A yellow and red crossed out circle will appear, once the interface is disabled.
- Delete the interface from the software by clicking the delete button underneath the interface name. You must do this to avoid "Home ID" conflicts with SmartStick+. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP and DO NOT ERASE YOUR EXISTING INTERFACE!
- Physically disconnect your existing interface from your system.
- Z-Troller: Disconnect the AC power supply and serial cable. REMOVE batteries.
- Z-Stick: Unplug the stick from its USB port. If the blue status light is blinking, then press its control button once.
- Store your existing interface in a safe place. This may be used as a backup should your SmartStick+ ever fail.