HSTouch: Displaying Status of Two Sensors with One Icon
Let's say I have a tilt sensor and motion sensor in my garage and I want to indicate the garage door and occupancy status of both on my touchscreens. However, I have limited space on my dashboard. I decide to use a virtual device to reflect both attributes with one status icon.
1. Create graphic icons to reflect all possible conditions:
- Door Closed - No Motion
- Door Closed - Motion
- Door Open - No Motion
- Door Open - Motion
Save these icons to your HomeSeer HS3/html/images/HomeSeer/status/folder.
Example (full-size versions of these icons are available for download at the bottom of this page):
2. Create virtual device "Garage Status" with text values for each condition above. I used values 1, 10, 20, 30
3. Associate each value with the appropriate graphic icon
if you navigate to the device mgmt page, your device will now look something like this:
4. Create events to change the value of the Garage Status virtual device
For example, I create an (unshown) event to reset an HS3 timer every time motion is sensed. When the timer reaches four minutes, I consider the garage unoccupied. You'll need to create one event for each Garage Status condition and each event will need two trigger/condition combinations. Here's what one of mine looks like:
5. Add the Garage Status virtual device to your HSTouch project and deploy
Now, instead of adding the door sensor and motion sensor to your HSTouch projects, you just need to add this new virtual device to your projects!