Z-Wave Network Setup/Adding Z-Wave Devices
In order to control Z-Wave devices, such as light switches, thermostats, door locks and sensors, they must be added into a Z-Wave "network". Follow the steps below to create your Z-Wave network and to add devices.
Note: the steps below assume you've already physically installed Z-Wave devices in your home.
Via Z-Tool+ (requires HS3 version 184.108.40.206 and Z-Wave version 220.127.116.11)
To begin using Z-Tool+, the app must be downloaded from within your App Store. Open either the Play Store, iTunes Store, or Windows Store and search for 'Z-Tool+', then click Install.
(For a more comprehensive guide to using Z-Tool+, click here.)
- Z-Tool+ will automatically find your system(s). Click Select a System if you have more than one local system.
- Select the Add or Remove action you wish to complete.
- Activate the network button (or button sequence) on your Z-Wave device and observe the inclusion process in the log window. Once removed, a confirmation will show in the log.
- Once the Add process is finished, a window will pop up to name and change the location attributes of the device.
- Your device can now be controlled via HSTouch or HS3 Web Control.
Via Web Control Page
- From the web interface, use the drop menus to navigate to the Z-Wave Controller Management page (PLUG-INS > Z-Wave > Controller Management).
- Locate the Z-Wave Interfaces area and expand your Z-Wave Controller section. Open the Actions menu and choose Add/Include a Node.
- Click the Start button. Your HomeTroller is now in Add mode and is ready to communicate with your device.
- Activate the network button (or button sequence) on your device and observe the adding process in the green log window. When done, you'll receive an acknowledgement such as "Finished". Your Z-Wave device is now a part of your Z-Wave network!
Note: Battery operated devices should be right next to the Z-Wave controller when adding. Door locks should be no more than 10 feet away when being added and should be removed first.