Feel free to watch this video tutorial and others on our YouTube channel!
HomeSeer works with many different protocols. All of these protocols require a plugin to be installed. There are HomeSeer Tech plug-ins and many 3rd party plugins. Please follow the instructions below on installing a plugin.
Note: Some plugins will be in the BETA section at the very bottom.
- Open the PLUGINS drop menu and click Manage.
- Expand the Additional Interfaces section. This will present you with a list of categories. Each category has a list of plugins that can be installed.
- Expand the category your plugin is located in.
- Click the check box to the left of the plugin that you want to install. (You may check more than one at a time.)
- After you have selected the plugin or plugins you wish to install, a Download and Install button will appear. Click this button.
- You'll be given a progress bar under the Installed Plugins section indicating the status of the install.
- You must now Enable your plugins to use them. Once they are enabled they will be available to configure. Some plugins will require you to enter a COM port before going into the configuration pages.
- To get to the configuration pages, open the PLUGINS drop menu again. Your installed plugins will now be listed in this menu. Hover over them to access the configuration pages.