HS3 / Z-NET Configuration
- Using a PC, tablet, or phone, open a browser and enter find.homeseer.com in the URL line. Click Search.... When the results appear, click the IP address hyperlink in the System column to access your HomeTroller or HS3 software system.
- Open the PLUG-INS drop menu, then Z-Wave, then select Controller Management.
- Click the Add Interface button.
- If your Z-NET has a DHCP-assigned IP address, enter a name for your Z-NET and select Z-NET Ethernet from the Interface Model menu. Then choose your interface from the drop menu. If you're using the WiFi adapter, you'll see 2 entries. Likewise, if you have multiple Z-NETS installed, you'll see an entry for each.
- If your Z-NET has a persistent (static) IP address, enter a name for your Z-NET and select Ethernet Interface from the Interface Model menu. Then enter the IP address of your Z-NET and port 2001.
- Finally, click the yellow and red disable button to enable your new Z-NET. A green enabled button should now appear.
- The LED indicator on Z-NET is designed to glow green when HS3 connects successfully to it. Visually inspect the unit to ensure your Z-NET is connected.
- If you're building a Z-Wave network from scratch, refer to your HomeTroller or HS3 documentation for information on setting up your Z-Wave network and skip the Restore Z-Wave Network to Z-NET step.
- If you're upgrading from another interface, proceed to Restore Z-Wave Network to Z-NET.