Update Zee S2 to Mono 5.12
THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON THE HOMETROLLER ZEE S2.
THIS PROCEDURE CANNOT BE RUN FROM LINUX TOOLS. HS3 WILL BREAK
Older units will be running some variation between 4.5 and 4.6. Some plug-ins require version 5 or higher. If you purchased your Zee S2 after 07/16/18, you do not need this script. To check, follow steps 1-3, and 7. If you do not feel comfortable running the follow commands, please contact support and we can remote in and do it for you.
1) Download Putty https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html (for Mac or Linux use Terminal) OR connect a monitor and keyboard to your Zee S2 and simply login.
2) If using SSH, Connect to the Zee S2 via IP Address located at find.homeseer.com.
3) Login with the homeseer account and the system password. (Not your Web User or MyHS password).
4) Download the update script using the following command, without quotes "sudo wget homeseer.com/linux/mono5_zees2.sh"
5) Run the script by entering "sudo sh mono5_zees2.sh ". Your Zee light will turn yellow while the script is running. Enter "y" when prompted once. This update may take 10-20 minutes depending on your internet speed.
6) The system will automatically reboot and the light will turn green when finished rebooting and update completed.
7) After completion connect back to your Zee S2 and run the following command, "mono --version". The output should be indicate Mono JIT compiler version 22.214.171.124