Alexa Smarthome Skill Setup
Works with all On-Off-Dim Devices, Thermostats, Door Locks (Lock Only
Note: This skill is available for use in the US, Canada and The UK
- Follow the Echo setup instructions to link your Echo with your Amazon account.
- Go to MyHS.homeseer.com and create a MyHS account and link it with your HomeSeer system. Note the user login information as you will need that later.
- Launch the Alexa mobile app, login with your Amazon account, and from the menu select “Smart Home”, then click on “Get More Smart Home Skills”. Scroll the list to find “HomeSeer”.
- Select “HomeSeer”, then click on “Enable Skill”, a login dialog will appear.
- Log in with the user account you created on the MyHS site, if successful, you have linked your HomeSeer system with your Echo.
- You now need to tell Alexa to discover your devices. A dialog may appear that prompts you for this, if not, select “Smart Home” from the menu and scroll down until you see the “Discover devices” link, click that to start the process.
- When discovery completes, you will see a list of all the devices that you can control, and their names. For example, if you see a device named “Kitchen Lights”, you can say: “Alexa, turn on the kitchen lights”. If your device names are awkward, rename your devices in HomeSeer and then re-run the discovery.
- “Alexa, turn off the kitchen light”
- “Alexa, set the thermostat to 65 degrees”
- "Alexa, turn on [event name]"