Alexa HomeSeer Skill
Works with all HomeSeer Devices & Events
Note: This skill is available for use in the US
This skill provides complete control of your HomeSeer system and will work with all home automation devices and events. Setup is similar to skill #1 but the syntax is a bit more involved.
- Log into your Amazon echo account, search for the “HomeSeer Home Automation Skill” and enable it.
- Enter your MyHS account credentials in the pop-up screen and click the LOGIN button. Your Amazon Echo should now be linked to your HomeSeer system.
Important: This step relies on a pop-up window. If you do not see a pop-up, be sure your browser is set to temporarily allow pop-ups and disable any pop-up blockers you may have installed.
- Now, you’ll need to enable voice commands for every HomeSeer device you wish to control with your Echo. To do this, access the device management page and click on the device name you wish to enable. Then, on the Configuration tab, tick the box for voice command. If you wish to receive a voice confirmation, tick that option as well.
- “Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn off the kitchen light”
- “Alexa, tell HomeSeer to set the thermostat to 65 degrees”
- “Alexa, tell HomeSeer to unlock the front door”
- “Alexa, tell HomeSeer to get the status of my temperature sensor”
- “Alexa, tell HomeSeer to run the SUNSET event”