Tuya Plugin Setup
Tuya is a Wi-Fi-based protocol which allows for integration of lighting devices and various appliances.
Once you install and enable the plugin, you will see a prompt to "Go to the Authorize page for initial setup." This is a hyperlink, click it and you will be brought to a setup screen for the plugin. Alternatively, navigate to Plugins > Tuya > Authorize.
Setting up Devices
- After reading the description in step 1 and setting up your devices in the Tuya app on your phone, click Continue.
- Select the appropriate region you are located in, then click Continue.
- Click the Tuya Authorization Page link, then log in with your Tuya account. Whether you are logging in with your email address or phone number, you will want to make sure that the country code is set correctly. Click Confirm Authorization.
- You will then be brought back to the HS4 web interface, click Finish and you will be given a list of your Tuya devices to be added to HS4. Check the devices you would like to add or use the Select All box at the top, then Create HomeSeer Devices.
- You will receive a pop-up indicated that the devices have been created, then you can click Devices and start controlling your hardware! If you do not see devices listed here, try using Read Tuya Devices to see if they then get loaded in.
If you add more Tuya devices to your home, those can easily be added by navigating to Plugins > Tuya > Manage Devices. From here, click Read Tuya Devices. This will scan your Tuya account for any devices you have added. You can then click the check boxes to the left of your devices' names, then use the Create HomeSeer Devices button to add them to your Devices page.
Tuya Plugin Settings
From Plugins > Tuya > Settings you can adjust the polling interval in the General tab, or adjust the logging settings in the Logging tab. It is not necessary to adjust any of these settings unless instructed by technical support.