Device and feature settings may be added or edited by clicking on the device or feature name. In the example below, Multi-sensor is the device name. Clicking on Temperature would open the settings for the temperature feature.
Before naming a device or feature, consider all the attributes that are associated with that name and be sure to construct them in a logical way using this syntax:
[ Location 2 ] [ Location 1 ] [ Device Name ] [ Feature Name ]
Example: This is how the device above would appear in event triggers and actions:
Click ADD CATEGORY button to add categories to your devices or features.
Voice Command Features
Check the Voice Command Enabled box to make this device or feature available for voice commands. Voice Command Confirm should be checked if you wish to provide a confirmation before the command is carried out. By default, voice commands should include the location and device or feature name. However, the Voice Command (Alexa/Google) text field can be used to create a custom voice command that will be used instead by Alexa and Google smart speakers.
Location attributes are set to Floor and Room by default. Click SELECT FLOOR and SELECT ROOM to assign your devices or features to the appropriate locations.
- Is Light: Check this box if this is an ON/OFF device and you wish to have it appear as a light (instead of a switch) in the Amazon's Alexa mobile app.
- Hide from Mobile Views: Check this box to prevent the device or feature from displaying in HomeSeer Mobile.
- Hide from All Views: Check this box to prevent the device or feature from displaying in the HS4 web interface or HomeSeer Mobile.
- Do Not Log: Check this box to prevent this device from generating log entries.
- Include in Power Fail Recovery: Check this box if you wish to include this device in a power fail recovery option.
- Last Change Time Updates on Status Change Only: Check this box if you want the Last Change Time to update only when the device status changes.
This feature may be used to limit access to a device or feature. By default, Any is checked.
Device linking is useful when you want to control one device with another one. To enable this feature, open the Select Device menu and choose the device you wish to link to. This feature works in one direction and with one device only. If you wish to synchronize devices, you'll need to link both devices to each other. It is possible to create a cascade of links with several devices. However, more complicated linking should be done using HS4 events.