Setting up the Philips Hue Plugin
Take advantage of Philips Hue lighting and allow those devices to interact with your hardware using Z-Wave or other protocols with this free HS4 plugin. Set the lights to dim in the evening or make use of the colorful scenes for your next gathering!
Adding a Bridge
- After enabling the plugin, click the Add New Bridge link and you will see four steps for adding your bridge. After reading the information in step 1 on this page, click Next.
- Click Locate Bridges and HS4 will scan your network for any Philips Hue bridges, then move on to step 3.
- You will then notified of how many bridges were discovered and be prompted to select the IP address of one of them. In order to add multiple bridges, you will need to complete this process once for each bridge. Select the IP address of the bridge to be added, press the network button on that bridge, then click Register.
- Once the bridge has been added, your devices will be created automatically, click Finish to go to the Devices page.
When you get to your Devices page, you will notice that you have a new device for each bulb you have connected as well as one to control all connected Hue lights.
From Plugins > Philips Hue > Manage Bridges, you will see all of your bridges listed with three management buttons on the right, outlined below. Use the Add Philips Hue Bridge button to do just that.
- Edit Bridge - Rename your bridges or update their IP addresses if they have changed.
- Sync HS with Bridge Configuration - This will
- Remove Bridge from HS - If you will no longer be using a bridge, use this button to delete it.
Most users will not need to adjust the settings found under Plugins > Philips Hue > Settings. Under the General tab, you can adjust the polling interval in seconds, the default is 15. Under the Logging tab, you will find ways to save log information, which is useful for troubleshooting issues should they arise.