Use the settings on this page to configure network connectivity options. To access network settings, click on Setup, then Network.
Web Server Settings
- Allow Browser Image Caching: unchecked by default. Check this box to speed page loads. Note that browser caching may prevent device updates from displaying correctly.
- Server Port: HS4 web server runs on port 80 by default. Enter a different port number if port 80 is already in use or if you'd prefer it to run on a different port.
- Log Server Errors: checked by default. Uncheck if you don't wish to log error.
- Inactivity Logout: unchecked by default. Check if you'd like the system to log users out after a period of inactivity.
- Log Remote Logins: checked by defaul. Uncheck if you don't wish to log remote logins.
- Log Local Logins: checked by defaul. Uncheck if you don't wish to log local logins.
- No Password Required for Local (same subnet) Login: checked by default. Uncheck if you'd like to force local system logins.
- Local Subnets (comma list): empty by default. Enter additional subnets if your LAN has multiple and you wish to to login from any without a password.
- System is Discoverable Using UPNP: unchecked by default. Check if you wish to have the system discover-able with UPNP.
- Enable IP Hack Blocking: checked by default. Uncheck to disable IP Hack Blocking.
- Time to Block IP's (min): this is the length of time that IPs will be blocked. Default is 30 minutes.
- Hits before Block Imposed: This is the number of login attempts allowed before a block is imposed. Default is 5.
- Time between Hits: This is the minimum amount of time allowed between login attempts. Default is 5 seconds.
- Page Views: counts the number or visitors.
MyHS Remote Access Settings
- Enable Remote Access through MyHS Service: checked by default. Uncheck if you do not wish to use MyHS.
- Auto Add HSTouch Users Authenticated through MyHS: checked by default. Uncheck if you do not wish to automatically add MyHS users to your HomeSeer system.
Remote Control Settings
- Enable Control with JSON (Required for Alexa/Google Home/IFTTT/Etc.): checked by default. Uncheck if you do not use smart speakers or other web services.
- Enable Control using ASCII Commands: unchecked by default. Check if you are using an integration that requires ASCII commands.
- Control Port: used by JSON and ASCII services. Default is 11000
- Enable HSTouch: checked by default. Uncheck if you do not use HSTouch Designer and do not use HSTouch Clients.
- Default Passcode for Protected Screens: empty by default. Enter a passcode if you have protected screens in any of your HSTouch projects.
- Speaker Username: enter your username for HSTouch speaker clients.
- Speaker Password: enter your password for HSTouch speaker clients.
- Weather API Key: empty by default. Enter your OpenWeatherMap.com API key if using weather forecast data in any of your HSTouch projects.
- Network Port (Default 10401): specifies the port setting for speaker clients. Default is 10401.
- Default Clients (comma list), blank=All: use to set default speaker clients for the system. This (these) will be the speaker client(s) used if speaker clients are not specified in event actions.
a list of connected speaker clients will display here.
Save Your Work!
Be sure to click the SAVE button at the bottom of the page after you're finished editing.