How to Backup HS4 Locally
It is always a good idea to keep a backup of any important data, and with HS4 it is easy to create backups of your setup. By the end of the instructions below, you will easily be able to transfer your configurations from one system to another or get back up and running should your PC or HomeTroller experience fatal issues.
NOTE: If you have the Z-Wave GUI plugin installed, you will first need to navigate to Plugins > Z-Wave GUI > Settings. From here, click the Show Legacy Z-Wave Menu toggle, then Save. You can now complete the instructions below as outlined.
Step 1: Backup Z-Wave
- A) In the web interface, navigate to Plugins > Z-Wave > Controller Management. Expand your interface in the Z-Wave Interfaces section by clicking the arrow to the left of its name.
- B) In the Actions menu, select Back Up This Interface. You can change the name of the backup file in the field below the Actions menu or leave it as-is. By default this file is named after your interface and is
- C) Click Start. This process should complete fairly quickly and you will be ready to move onto Step 2.
Step 2: Backup HS4 Configuration
- A) If you are still on the Controller Management page of the Z-Wave plugin, click the Home button in the top left corner. Then, navigate to Tools > Backup/Restore.
- B) Click the BACKUP button and a small window will pop up within your web browser indicating that the backup process has been started and that the prompt can be safely closed.
- That is it! your system has now been backed up. If you would like to download a copy of your backup, click Restore, select a date, then the backup file and click Download.