Adding a Z-Wave Controller
In order to control Z-Wave devices, such as light switches, thermostats, door locks and sensors, they must be added into a Z-Wave "network". Follow the steps below to add your Z-Wave controller and create a Z-Wave network.
(For a more visual walk-through, click here.)
- Open the PLUG-INS drop menu and hover over Z-Wave, then select Controller Management.
- Click the Add Interface button.
- Enter an interface name. A good naming scheme is either the name of the interface you are using, or the location of your Z-Wave controller (if you have multiple).
- Enter the interface model and the COM port. The interface model corresponds to the type of Z-Wave controller you are using. If you are using an IP2SL/WF2SL, select the Ethernet option.
- Click Add and let Homeseer initialize the unit. Once initialized, you will be brought to a new screen.
- Unclick the non-symbol (the red circle with a line through it) to enable the controller. You will see a green check mark if the interface enabled correctly.
- To add another Z-Wave interface, simply follow these instructions again.