This article will guide you in adding and removing your DS100.
The Door/Window Sensor can be included and operated in any Z-Wave network with other Z-Wave certified devices from other manufacturers and/or other applications. All non-battery operated nodes within the network will act as repeaters regardless of vendor to increase reliability of the network.
Inclusion (Use this procedure to add the HS-DS100+ to your Z-Wave network).
- Ensure AAA batteries are installed. Remove any plastic from battery compartment (if necessary)
- Put your home automation controller into ‘inclusion’ mode. Consult your system’s manual for details.
- HS-DS100+ may be included “securely” (option a) or “non-securely” (option b). If your automation controller does not support secure devices, or if you wish to improve battery life, add the sensor “non-securely”. Otherwise, include the sensor “securely”
- Secure inclusion: Press and hold the Z-Wave button inside the sensor body for 3 seconds. Wait for the process to finish.
- Non-Secure inclusion: Triple-click the Z-Wave button inside the sensor body. Wait for the process to finish.
- If successful, the sensor body LED will blink briefly and then stay on for 3 seconds. If unsuccessful, the LED with blink briefly and then turn off. Should this happen, repeat the inclusion process.
Note: If you want this Door/Window sensor to function as a security device using secure/encrypted Z-Wave communications, then a security enabled Z-Wave controller is required.
Exclusion (Use this procedure to remove the HS-DS100+ from your Z-Wave network).
- Put your home automation controller into ‘exclusion’ mode. Consult your system’s manual for details.
- Triple-click the Z-Wave button inside the sensor body. If successful, the LED will turn off within 1 second. If unsuccessful, the LED with blink for 5 seconds. Should this happen, repeat the exclusion process.
Reset (Use this procedure to reset the HS-DS100+ to factory default settings when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable).
- Press and hold the Z-Wave button inside the sensor body for 20 seconds. If successful, the LED will change from solid, to blinking, to solid again.
Z-Wave Association Information
HS-DS100+ supports Group 1 and Group 2 associations. Group 1 reports the sensor’s condition, battery level and tamper state. Group 2 sends the BASIC SET command.