These instructions have been tested under Debian and Ubuntu.
- Install Debian or Ubunutu Ubuntu per its instructions. Ubuntu on Windows 10 will also work.
- Install the following packages that are required by HS4:
Note that MONO is required, but it is already installed with the Debian distribution. However, a few packages are missing:
apt-get install mono-devel
apt-get install mono-vbnc
apt-get install flite
apt-get install chromium
apt-get install aha
apt-get install ffmpeg
apt-get install aplay
- If brltty is installed, this must be removed in order for a Z-Stick to work:
apt-get remove brltty
- Download the latest HS4 tar file, latest release can be found here: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HSPI/Release+Notes
- Download the latest "Linux Standard" tar file.
- Change the directory to where you want to install it.
Our default is:
- untar with the command:
tar xvf tar_filename
- Change directory into the newly created HomeSeer folder:
- Run HS4 using the "go" script: