HomeSeer is looking for a self-motivated and quick learning support specialist to bolster our customer service department.
|Schedule||Hybrid (3 days in-office, 2 remote) M-F, 9am-5pm|
Job Description and Responsibilities
As a technical support specialist, you will be tasked with supporting HomeSeer customers via phone and email. The provided support will require knowledge of HomeSeer products and services with additional support of generic hardware, Windows and Linux OS, and account management. Training will be provided through docs, prepared material, and OTJ.
- Handling customer technical support cases through phone and email submission.
- Monitors ticketing system and ensures tickets are addressed in a timely fashion to meet established performance metrics.
- Troubleshoot client reported issues and escalate accordingly when needed.
- Updating the company knowledge base with tech tips and brief documents.
- Evaluating system potential through assessing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
- Improving existing programs by evaluating objectives and specifications, reviewing proposed changes and making recommendations.
- Work with team to solve problems and escalate when necessary.
- Learn new technologies and provide feedback on existing infrastructure
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
Experience in the smarthome industry is not a must but definitely a plus. Candidates should have great problem solving skills, have the ability to multi-task, and not be afraid to ask questions.
- High School Diploma required
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel
- JIRA Software, Service Desk, and Confluence
- Basic Linux command line
- Basic network configuration
- Windows 10
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Load balancing and scalability
- Fast learner
- Multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401k matching
- Health and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Coffee, snacks, breakfast and lunch food
- Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
HomeSeer is a leader in the smarthome/home automation industry. We maintain a strong footing in the DIY market. Operations have been active for 23 years now. HomeSeer at its core is a software company but has always produced controllers that house the HomeSeer software. In recent years HomeSeer has moved to becoming more than a software company and producing a line of wall switches, interfaces, sensors, and water valves. HomeSeer is now considered a platform for users complete smarthome needs. HomeSeer prides itself on customer service and unique products to ensure our customers have the best experience possible when automating their homes and lives.
To learn more, visit homeseer.com.
10 Commerce Park North, Ste 10, Bedford, NH 03110