Information on using the event engine in HS3.
An automation event consists of an action (or actions) that are set into motion by one or more triggers.
Example: Turning on lights at sunset.
Trigger = sunset
Action = turning lights on
With HomeSeer, you can quickly and easily create the events you need. Here's how to create the sunset event above.
- From the web interface, open the VIEW drop menu and select Events.
- Change the event group name from "New Group" to "Lighting".
- Now expand the New Event section and rename the new event to "Lights on at Sunset".
- Go to the blue-shaded section and set the trigger of the event by opening the drop menu after "IF". Choose The Time is... and then select The Time is Sunset.
- Now go to the green-shaded section and set the action of this event by opening the drop menu and selecting Control a Device. Select the device you wish to control and the method of control (on / off) you wish to use.