The guide includes the basic steps necessary to get starting with HS4
Installation & Registration
- Download and run the installer from our website downloads page.
- Launch HS4 and advance through the registration stepper. Enter your HS4 License ID & Password. Create your HS4 web user account. Follow the prompts and click FINISH at the end.
Note: if you’re upgrading from HS3, you will also be prompted for your HS3 software codes.
HS4 is a mobile friendly web application that’s designed to be used on any browser-equipped device. All of the essential functions of the program may be accessed from the main navigation bar at the top of the screen.
- Devices: Click here to add, remove and edit your smart home devices. Learn More
- Events: Click here to manage your smart home events (automations). Learn More
- Cameras: Click here to view live camera feeds and to watch recordings. Learn More
- Setup: Click here manage various system settings. Learn More
- Tools: Click here to access or manage timers, counters, backup, log and more. Learn More
- Plugins: Click here to manage HS4 integration plugins.
Plugins are software programs that allow HS4 to integrate with smart devices and technologies. For example, if you’re using Philips HUE smart bulbs, you’ll need to install the Philips HUE plugin.
Open the HS4 web interface and navigate to the Plugins/Add page. All plugins will appear. Click the plugin you wish to install and then click the INSTALL button.
After installation is complete, click the button in the lower right corner to enable the plugin. Check the plugin documentation for more information about setup.
Devices are the fundamental building blocks for any HS4 system. When you add any smart product to your system, a corresponding device is added to the software. Device attributes will display as Features Some features are controllable and some will simply display values or status. When you turn the device on or off, your smart product will turn on or off. Here is what a multisensor device would look like in the HS4 device list & grid views:
|Grid & List Views of HSM200 Multi-sensor|
|Grid View||List View|
Since devices are added by using the controls and procedures engineered into each plugin, you will need to refer to the plugin documentation for more information regarding this.
Events are rules that work to automate the smart devices in your home. Each event is comprised of at least one Trigger and one Action. You may also apply Conditions to any trigger. In the example here, a living room lamp is turned on at sunset on Tuesdays.
Using MyHS for Remote Access & Integrations
Our MyHS service provides remote access to your HS4 system and it works with other cloud services such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home and IFTTT. MyHS Basic is free to all users. Premium paid plans are also available for users who need additional features. Learn More About MyHS Premium.
Registering a New Account
- Visit myhs.homeseer.com and click Register. Use the SAME email address & password as your HS4 web user account. Enter your HS4 license ID and password. This will become your primary license.
- You will receive a verification email with a link inside. Once you click this link, you will be able to log in and connect via the MyHS web page. If you do not receive the email check your SPAM folder.
Updating an Existing Account
If you already have a MyHS account (for HS3), you can update that account for HS4 with the steps below.
- Visit myhs.homeseer.com, enter your credentials, then select Manage Account.
- Click Change Primary System. Select this and you will be prompted for your old license ID and password combo as well as the new one. If you do not recall your license ID and password, that information can be recovered in the Software Licensing Issues section.